One of the most common crime brought in state and federal courts in North Dakota and Minnesota is Drug Crimes. There is a huge variety of drug charges that prosecutors may seek with penalties ranging from a small monetary fine to possibly life in prison.
The severity of the penalties you face, regardless of whether you confront a crime or lawful offense accusation, will rely on three elements. These include the type of drug you are accused of possessing, the amount of the drug involved, and whether the drug was for your own use or the use of others.
Drug Crimes and Charges:
- Drug Possession: Drug possession typically involves an individual possessing some quantity of drug for his or her own use at his or her home. Some convicted of drug possession can face crime charges and may even avoid jail time.
- Drug Manufacture: The manufacture of drugs can include a wide range of activities such as growing marijuana in your basement or creating a meth lab. Just like drug distribution, prosecutors treat drug manufacturing as a very serious crime, typically involving a felony charge and long prison sentences.
- Drug Distribution: Drug distribution is also commonly referred to as the crime of drug dealing. Someone found with a large quantity of a drug intends to distribute. Drug distribution can be a serious lawful offense charge that involves significant jail time and other penalties.
- Drug Trafficking: The crime of drug trafficking generally involves an individual or group of individuals smuggling drugs across state or federal lines. Drug trafficking is almost always a federal offense and can involve severe penalties.
- Conspiracy: A conspiracy generally involves a scheme involving two or more people to commit some crime. Conspiracy charges are very serious as someone convicted of the offense could face the same penalties as the underlying drug charge.
Contact a Johnson & Autrey Law Firm Lawyer
Have you been charged with possession or intent to sell marijuana or a controlled substance? Are you suspected of manufacturing methamphetamines or other drug crimes?
You need an experienced and skilled criminal defense lawyer who has successfully helped others protect their rights and future freedom when accused of a drug crime.
Contact the office of the Johnson & Autrey Law Firm, defending clients against charges for drug crimes aggressively and passionately for more than 50 years. The excellent team of attorneys at Johnson & Autrey Law Firm has been providing dedicated legal counsel in all of North Dakota and Minnesota for decades as represented clients of criminal defense in Grand Forks, Fargo, Bismarck, or Minot ND. We defend individuals who have been charged with felony and misdemeanor drug crimes. Contact ND attorneys today 701-775-7837.